Under minimal supervision identify, build and secure revenue-generating relationships with MIT Horizon prospects.
- Actively identify and solicit prospects using both internal and external resources. Independently develop trusted relationships with executive leaders at Fortune 500 companies, governmental departments and large NGOs.
- Help prospects evaluate and buy the MIT Horizon product, working across geographic regions and industry sectors.
- Collaborate with colleagues at MIT Horizon, MIT Open Learning and MIT broadly to identify additional sources of potential revenue and client-focused collaboration.
- Review, update and provide suggestions to improve MIT Horizon’s overall sales plan, processes and tools.
- Track own sales revenue and report on sales achievements to date.
- Provide market intelligence and product feedback to the MIT Horizon product and leadership teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
Experience: A minimum of seven years of relevant experience or equivalent.
Skills: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to initiate and develop strong professional relationships with senior business leaders. Proven ability to identify and solicit new prospects and close contracts for complex B2B SaaS products. Proven ability to work independently in an unstructured, startup environment.
Preferred education: Advanced degree (MS or MBA) or equivalent.
Preferred experience: Seven years of relevant experience or equivalent.
One year temporary position, renewable on an annual basis.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.