Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager; the Accounting Assistant will be a key contributor to the Accounts Receivable team and Finance team of the office of MIT Open Learning. He or she will manage a complex set of billing and payment transactions for multiple business units across the organization, and will work on various accounting and operational transactions. The work will involve collaborating with VPF Central AR, Cashiers Services, and other Open Learning stakeholders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Manage billing and payment transactions
- Handling the set-up of customers in the AR system
- Manage invoicing / collections and customer billing inquiries and disputes
- Upload Invoices in SAP
- Monitor payment schedules
- Work closely with VPF Accounts Receivable to track invoice payments
- Handle account reconciliation, and receivable balances
- Work on revenue recognition of customer contracts
- Prepare Cybersource credit card reports for account reconciliation
- Identify variances, and verify the accuracy of journal entries to the general ledger
- Process customer refunds
- Work on the enrollment code redemption analysis
- Execute customer dunning reports and letters
- Run, analyze aging reports
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, customer service, Engineering)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with providing training for new staff
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports for special projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting or finance; a minimum of three years of relevant experience; strong analytical; problem solving; decision making, time management; and organizational skills; ability to prioritize; attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills; discretion with confidential information; strong customer service orientation; ability to work with flexibility; and manage numerous projects with varying degrees of complexity; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; able to identify and recommend solutions to complex problems; and operate effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and Word; experience with SAP and Salesforce preferred. MIT experience preferred but not required.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.