Under minimal supervision, lead a team of sales, business development, and sales operations professionals to expand MIT Horizon’s customer base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Recruit, onboard and retain a high-quality team of sales professionals.
- Guide the sales team’s process and provide coaching on individual sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with colleagues at MIT Horizon, MIT Open Learning and MIT broadly to identify additional sources of potential revenue and client-focused collaboration.
- Provide market intelligence and product feedback to the MIT Horizon product and leadership teams.
- Participate as an active member of the MIT Horizon core team including close involvement in all cross-initiative decisions, budgeting and planning tasks.
- As needed, lead individual sales opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A team of up to 8 full-time direct reports in sales, business development and sales operations roles
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
Experience: At least seven years of relevant experience as a sales professional and sales manager.
Skills: Exceptional coach and trainer of B2B SaaS sales professionals. Proven ability to build and manage a team of high-performance sales professionals. Proven ability to work independently in an unstructured, startup environment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferred education: Advanced degree (MFA, MS or MBA) or equivalent.
Preferred experience: Nine years of relevant experience as a sales professional and sales manager.
This is a temporary, one-year position, renewable on an annual basis.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.