Reporting to the Executive Director, Business and Operations, with dotted to the Director of Finance, the Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst will help identify needed business systems and reporting; and– working collaboratively with intended report users -- design, build, maintain, and communicate data solutions to support Open Learning, with an emphasis on Open Learning Finance.
- Maintain relations across Open Learning to understand business needs for information systems and reporting; develop and agree functional requirements
- Design, document, develop, test, implement and maintain Open Learning’s business intelligence platform
- Manage and develop data infrastructure in order to bring order and insight to complex datasets across disparate systems – including financial, marketing, and operational -- to ensure data integrity and consistency.
- Perform statistical and other data analysis; data mining; and predictive modeling to help provide clear, thoughtful, business metrics
- Build and maintain dashboards, self-service tools and reports, including financial reporting, which analyze and present data, that are up-to-date, accurate, and intuitive
- Analyze and troubleshoot data and reports to understand underlying data and assumptions, identify areas of concern, and develop scalable and sustainable solutions so that reports are complete, accurate, and appropriate for use
- Develop ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Serve as expert on Open Learning data and information
- Provide outstanding customer service to identify needs and diagnose and fix data issues
- Other duties as needed. This is a can-do and team-oriented environment.
- Bachelors degree required, with strong preference for degree in related field, e.g., math, statistics, data science, finance, information management. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for problem solving, ability to exercise judgement independently
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting preferred
- Proven experienced in conducting data analysis, including collecting, cleaning, analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing complex and large datasets from various sources and producing effective, high-quality and clear reports
- Strongly desired experience with statistical programming languages (e.g., R, Python), database query languages (e.g., Brio, SQL), predictive analytics techniques, and financial data systems (e.g., SAP)
- Experience with data visualization and communication tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Proven ability to parse complex and ambiguous business issues into clear analytics and reporting
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders to reach consensus
- Curious business mindset with ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to provide high-quality work with minimum oversight
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.