Reporting to the Business Systems and Contracts Manager, the Contracts Liaison will provide legal support to internal business teams. This role will collaborate closely with business unit leads, MIT legal, sales and finance to draft, negotiate and execute agreements with industry partners and federal and philanthropic institutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, review, draft, negotiate and coordinate the execution of complex agreements in collaboration with Open Learning business partners and MIT’s Legal Counsel Office.
- Explain and clarify complex information to business partners on legal issues and risks, approval processes, MIT’s policies and procedures.
- Organize client-supplied documents, review terms for consistency and accuracy; track deadlines and communicate findings.
- Ensure all compliance and performance responsibilities as outlined by the contract are communicated to the appropriate individuals and are met.
- Shepherd documents through MIT review and execution with fidelity and expedience.
- Shape and streamline our internal processes to enable legal and business functions to scale effectively. Maintain documentation and template language.
- Maintain detail records in Salesforce of contract documents, correspondence and modifications.
- Other duties as needed. This is a can-do and team-oriented environment.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master and/or Certified Professional Contract Manager preferred.
Minimum 4-years relevant experience required.
Proven ability to interpret legal documents, negotiate contracts, advise business and product managers on legal and regulatory issues, and work with attorneys to complete agreements.
Meticulous attention to details and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
Strong customer service skills with the ability to successfully bridge shifting priorities while positively influencing others to reach agreement.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, drafting, negotiation, collaboration, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Ability to grasp complex legal and business issues; a strong customer-focused approach to the work; and the ability to work effectively in support of business development.
Comfortable maintaining information in a system of record shared among many stakeholders.
Experienced in leveraging software systems to stay organized, pull and push tasks to others on time, while seeking greater levels of process efficiency.
Preferably 1 – 2 years of Salesforce or similar CRM experience.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.