Under the supervision of Manager of Media Services, act as the main videographer and editor to film and edit video content for MOOCs, massive open online courses. Experience in all phases of educational video creation including but not limited to development, pre-production, production, and post-production activities; be experienced at operating field and studio audio visual equipment, configuring and operating advanced video camera systems, operating editing equipment and post-production software packages to create educational quality vide of varying lengths. Ability to edit with Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Adobe Premiere and After Effects on both large- and small-scale projects. This position requires extensive knowledge of video production, the ability to follow established brand guidelines and workflows, as well as advanced project management skills. Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are essential for success in this role. Candidates without a reel will not be considered. Please provide a link to your portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Shoot and edit compelling video content to be used across all digital channels
- Edit high volume, short to mid form video content to turn raw footage into seamless video content for MOOCs
- Responsible for set up and up-keep of video equipment and lighting.
- Review cuts with faculty to create a strong video content that serves their needs.
- Operate both as a “one-person band”, as well as part of a team on larger, more involved shoots.
- Produce final files for release, ensuring strict standards to compliance and legal requirements
- Be willing and able to travel frequently (20%), sometimes to remote locations, for various shoots
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, videography, or related field preferred. plus 5+ years of professional experience in all areas of video production including proper operation of video cameras, lights, mics, audio, and camera support equipment, digital asset management, and project management.
- Bachelor's degree, minimum of 3 years of professional experience in all areas of video production including proper operation of video cameras, lights, mics, audio, and camera support equipment, digital asset management, and project management.
- Editorial expertise includes:
- Extensive experience with all current versions of Adobe Creative Cloud applications with emphasis in Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects & Illustrator.
- Strong understanding of video formats, CODECs and video file container types.
- Manage SAN, Spaces virtual project volumes and project archiving/restoration
- Onsite and Remote Production expertise includes:
- Solid understanding of video signal flow, processing, and related technology.
- Ability to set-up and run production systems including switching, monitoring, routing, and recording equipment.
- Experience with live video graphic systems.
- Ability to direct multi-camera productions and work with project team, client and talent.
- Knowledge of camera technology, camera file types and dynamic range including extensive knowledge of DSLR and video cameras (Sony A7 series, Canon C-series, etc.), Go Pros, and drones, as well as basic audio recording equipment.
- Understanding of lighting equipment and techniques.
- Understanding of audio equipment, audio processing and microphone techniques.
- Working knowledge of image manipulation software, such as Adobe Photoshop, motion graphics software, such as After Effects, and vector-based graphics software, such as Illustrator, to edit and manipulate photos and graphics for use in video and animations.
- Experience in a higher education environment is highly preferred.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.