MIT Horizon is a digital library and learning platform with exclusive original content on a range of emerging technologies, such as AI, blockchain and IoT. Large corporations and government groups purchase subscriptions to help their working professionals quickly understand and apply emerging technologies to their work. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies and large government groups, with Horizon currently supporting over 2M subscribed learners across those enterprise relationships.
We are looking for a junior salesperson to help generate leads and run sales qualification meetings. The position will report directly to the Head of Sales and Partnerships, with the ability to learn about all areas of the business development program and learn about all aspects of the sales funnel.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of lead generation experience, (BDR/SDR), with extra preference for those with experience in lead generation at the enterprise level or experience in a closing role.
MIT Horizon is a startup within MIT, so any hire will be required to represent the Institute in a professional and organized manner, with an ambitious mindset that also protects and respects the high standards of a world-class research institute. You will be a good fit if you’re well-written, tech-savvy, are organized and have a knack for making new connections.
We want to hear from you if you enjoy the excitement of startups and want to work with a high caliber, diverse team to transform corporate learning through innovative technology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Use existing prospect lists to send cold email campaigns to learning and development functions within large organizations
- Coordinate sales calls for MIT Horizon Account Executives (email-based)
- Qualify prospects to inform on the basics of Horizon’s platform, content and experiences and assess general fit (email- and Zoom-based)
- Explain MIT Horizon’s offerings to prospects to confirm qualifications and clarify understandings prospects may have of our products
- Learn about all MIT Horizon offerings, including continued self-education on the technology topics it covers
- Capture all activities in our CRM with detailed notes and fit assessments, as well as sharing feedback from prospects with the broader team
- Create customized presentation materials for sales opportunities
- Execute day-to-day operational plans
- Join company and team meetings, including some on-site in Cambridge
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to the Head of Sales and Partnerships, Horizon
Qualifications & Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales, marketing, or related field required
- Knowledge of basic sales principles, theories and concepts
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to initiate and develop professional relationships with senior business leaders
- Proven ability to work independently in an unstructured, startup environment
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Selling or generating leads for educational products
- Generating leads from the Fortune 500 or government groups
- Working in and being successful at a startup (or startup-like environment)
When applying for this position, please include a cover letter describing your most recent or most relevant professional experience.
This is a hybrid position. Around one day per week is required on-site, with an option on other day to work remotely or work out of our offices in Cambridge. The hybrid schedule is subject to change and may be updated to respond to changes in MIT policy. Candidates must also be open to potential travel in the future.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000. Final salary determined by MIT’s compensation team based on the skills and experience of the person we hire.
Employment contingent upon satisfactory background check.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.