SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Open Learning is a $50M rapidly growing organization with a staff of ~150. The Senior Financial Analyst, working under the direction of the Director of Finance, will develop complex business models, track performance metrics, and conduct financial analyses that generate insights which quickly and accurately enable strategic decision making. This cross-functional role requires a high level of collaboration, analytical rigor and strategic thinking to drive the department forward.
Working in close partnership with finance colleagues and business unit leads , this position will:
- Provide analytical and quantitative analysis to inform decisions related to the preparation of the departmental annual budget and quarterly projections.
- Conduct complex financial analysis and build financial models to forecast viability of projects/programs and highlight key operational assumptions.
- Track and communicate performance metrics and trends to provide valuable insights and ensure financial controls
- Develop and improve processes and tools to ensure accurate and timely reporting and fiscal planning
- Develop automated management reports and financial processes to drive scalable reporting and analysis.
- Manage projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that reporting delivers high quality and relevant data to intelligently grow the business.
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports for special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advance degrees in finance, economics, data analysis and other related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility. 10 years of experience preferred.
- Strong time manager who is able to prioritize effectively while creating space for original thinking and thoughtful analysis to support leadership.
- Effective project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents.
- Willing to dive deep into the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Advanced knowledge of budget management, financial analysis, and financial modeling; working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong data management and Excel skills, including querying, pivot tables, and extensive formulaic knowledge. Experience with SQL, Tableau, Oracle, or Visual Basic a plus.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.