SENIOR LEARNING SYSTEMS DESIGNER
The MIT Office of Digital Learning houses OpenCourseWare, MITx and Residential Education. The Senior Learning Systems Designer will work with the Dean for Digital Learning and all three groups to develop the strategic vision for, and lead the design and development of, digital platforms, tools and workflows in support of MIT’s efforts in digital education, globally and on campus. Projects may include full platforms and websites, digital education tools, and internal systems. The Senior Learning Systems Designer will:
- Lead learning systems design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Define the vision for the learning experience (LX), working iteratively and collaboratively with many stakeholders across varied user groups internal to MIT, and engaging with external users.
- Gather and manage business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Create design documents to inform and advance the learning design process. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
- Work closely with Open Learning Engineering or 3rd party vendors to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Recommend and define new projects to improve the usability and learner experience of existing systems.
- Seek out the team's input on feasibility and cost-effectiveness of proposed enhancements and incorporate into prioritization recommendations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience designing complex, web-based applications
- Professional experience in educational settings
- Strong leadership, facilitation and organizational skills
- Expert project management skills; proven ability to bring projects involving multiple stakeholders to completion
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, accessibility guidelines
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills for product applications
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness, product quality, and ability to execute successfully in a diverse & dynamic environments
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.