The mission of MIT Open Learning is to transform teaching and learning at MIT and around the globe through the innovative use of digital technologies
The Products and Engineering Department at MIT Open Learning is looking for a full time Product Designer to join a small but fast growing team with big ambitions to redefine the use of technology in teaching and learning at MIT and beyond. This important role is responsible for collaborating with key business and academic constituents and developers to advance projects from concept to completion, design actionable and effective paths for learners and educators, ensure a consistent overall experience, and provide a coherent platform for future enhancements.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of competitive research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings. Ensure the experience is usable, useful and desirable, and supports all critical business, brand, and learner/educator goals.
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Lead design, development and maintenance of site or tool information architecture, and navigation consistency for the integration of all new features, in collaboration with business and development teams.
- Develop conceptual flows, diagrams, wireframes and prototypes to facilitate communication of designs to partners and stakeholders, as well as for gathering user feedback.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.