The Senior Video Producer/Editor is responsible for the integration of multimedia into the design and development of online curriculum/courses at MIT. The Sr. Video Producer/Editor will collaborate with MIT faculty, Fellows, and others across the Institute to produce video and media content in support of MITx. The Senior Video Producer/Editor will also advise faculty and course teams on best practices and approaches to using video in MOOCs and play a large role in shaping creative video strategies and technical production.
- Provide production and post-production support, including initial prototyping, full-service video production in studio and field, editing, color correcting, audio mixing, and motion graphics creation.
- Provide creative producing support to MITx course teams, including script development, graphic creation, and coaching of on-camera talent.
- Provide technical instruction to course teams on the production of multimedia projects, including the use of software, audio-visual equipment, and transcription services.
- Manage multimedia equipment, including cameras, studio gear, audio equipment, edit bays and drives, and lender equipment.
- Create and maintain necessary multimedia documentation, including staff procedures, equipment inventories, course records, and user guides.
- Manage archival process for courses, including logging footage, video file management, metadata management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, video production, or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in busy media production environment. Academic or online-learning production experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of digital formats, video codecs, and web delivery standards.
One year temporary position, renewable on an annual basis.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.