STRATEGIC INITIATIVE LEAD, MIT BOOTCAMPS
MIT Bootcamps offer rigorous, highly-selective, hands-on leadership programs for entrepreneurs, change-makers, and innovators from around the world. During these intense, week-long programs, participants get a taste of the ‘drinking from the firehose’ experience of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and learn how to solve real-world challenges by creating innovative, scalable solutions which applying new technologies.
As a strategic initiative under MIT Open Learning, MIT Bootcamp is driven by the mission of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and dedicated to create a future in which the magic of MIT not only extends beyond the boundaries of our campus, but also creates opportunities to harness the knowledge of a global community to address the world’s great challenges. We’re much more than a school - we transform lives through the world’s best learning experience with supportive innovation community.
MIT Bootcamps is growing rapidly at global scale. We are looking for a Strategic Initiative Lead who can lead the team to reimagine what is possible and reinvent higher education. He/She will drive the growth of bootcamps globally by identifying, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate is someone with a growth mindset and who is passionate about developing a robust partner ecosystem, has sound business judgement, is able to contribute to MIT Bootcamps strategy in US and the world, and who excels at the type of strategic thinking that can help identify win/win scenarios for both MIT Bootcamps’ learners and partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Strategic Initiative Lead of MIT Bootcamps will drive growth by providing deep customer understanding, innovating business models, fostering global community, developing and executing strategic initiatives, cultivating and maintaining partnerships.
The main responsibilities will focus on, but not limited to, those below:
- Developing a sponsor pipeline for new in-person MIT Bootcamps. This includes strategic analysis and then pursuit of strategic engagements with industry leaders in regions of MIT Bootcamps operations. This also includes engagement with government agencies and universities in the region. Of particular importance is the responsibility of sponsor consortium development.
- Pursuing B2B engagements for the MIT Entrepreneurship Online Bootcamp. Currently, the Online Bootcamp is offered in a B2C way, but we have are seeing increasing demand for the educational product by corporate sponsors. The staff member will pursue the initial leads and expand the B2B market for the Online Bootcamp.
- Exploration, analysis, and design of new strategic new initiatives and new products under the umbrella of MIT Bootcamps. Such initiatives would include, for example, virtual and non-virtual conferences and educational treks.
Minimum Qualifications and Capabilities
- MBA, or a comparable professional master’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in education industry and/or entrepreneurial ecosystem with a global scale.
- Demonstrated competence and success in formulating and executing growth strategies - such as developing new products, designing new experiences, forming new partnerships, entering new markets, or launching new ventures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, lead, and develop cross-functional, cross-cultural teams.
- Experience in building educational business or mission-driven ventures, e.g. business with social mission.
- Experience as a founder or part of the founding team. Passionate about making positive impact on global entrepreneurship and innovation community.
- Thrive tackling the unknown. Can thrive in a high speed, high-pressure and rapidly moving environment. Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to identify partnership opportunity and to establish trusted, meaningful relationship which leads to productive results in a timely manner.
- Leadership. Ability to relate to and motivate others. Creates an environment where others want to follow. High energy and contagious enthusiasm.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization and promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Experience in an analytical role, e.g. top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy, venture capital, or business operations.
- Consulting in a university setting is a plus.
- Experience in a type of instructional role, e.g. coaching or mentoring, develop curriculum, deliver training program, or design learning experiences.
- Strategic thinking with superior analytical skill. Comfortable with gaining insights from both quantitative and qualitative data, excellent ability to turn insights into strategies that are successful in the real world.
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Experience of living and, even better, studying and working abroad.
- Understanding of foreign education systems.
- Familiarity with MIT – as student or staff.
One year temporary position renewable on an annual basis.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.