- xTalks: Digital Discourses
The xTalks series provides a forum to facilitate awareness, deep understanding and transference of educational innovations at MIT and elsewhere. We hope to foster a community of educators, researchers, and technologists engaged in developing and supporting effective learning experiences through online learning environments and other digital technologies. To sign up for the xTalks mailing list, click here.
U.S. Under Secretary of Education Launches Higher Education Technology Policy Brief
The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology will be releasing Reimagining the Role of Technology in Higher Education: A Supplement to the National Education Technology Plan.
Please join Under Secretary of Education Ted Mitchell for a discussion of the plan’s recommendations for colleges and universities, and the wider higher education ecosystem. The Supplement explores the rapidly evolving landscape of higher education and the role technology can play in ensuring that the system meets our nation’s equity goals of access, affordability, and completion of high-quality programs. Emerging practices and policy implications drawn from the document will also inform the conversation.
- Ted Mitchell, Under Secretary of Education
- Joseph South, Director, Office of Educational Technology, U.S. Department of Education
- Sharon Leu, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Educational Technology
- Members of the Technical Working Group who contributed to the Supplement, including Anant Agarwal, CEO, edX
This xTalk is co-sponsored with the US Department of Education.
Read the MIT news article for a summary of the main points of this Talk.