This event is in the past.
(For this year's festival please visit the Festival of Learning 2018 page.)
The festival was a two-day celebration of learning: national thought-leaders, MIT innovators, student hackers, food, fun, and more. It focused on the catalyzing power behind initiatives which transform the way we look at education and revolutionize how we teach and learn. #MITFOL17
Wednesday, Feb 1
- Introductory remarks, Chancellor Cynthia Barnhart.
- Keynote address by Satya Nitta of IBM Watson Education: "Watson and the Future of Learning Science and Technology".
- "Pursuing the Matrix: Applying IBM's Watson to Education": neurobiology PhD student Sarah Bricault's reflections on Nitta's talk.
- Teaching @ MIT Lightning Round with MIT faculty videos:
- Learning Expo highlighting educational initiatives and projects throughout MIT.
- Keynote address by Andrew Sutherland of Quizlet.com: "Empowering Students and Teachers".
- Student reflection on Sutherland's talk by MIT architecture major Effie Jia MIT '20.
Thursday, Feb 2
- MICROTEACHING: practice teaching sessions with the Teaching & Learning Lab
- Hackathon Conclusion: presentations, judging, awards.
This event was for members of the MIT community. Registration requests from others were evaluated on a case-by-case basis, as space permitted. Please email email@example.com with questions.
Sponsored by MIT's Office of Digital Learning (ODL) and:
For this year's festival please visit the Festival of Learning 2018 page.