Festival of Learning 2017
The festival was a two-day celebration of MIT's pioneering role in fostering educational innovation, for MIT faculty, students, staff. Features included a Teaching @ MIT lightning round with faculty, keynotes from Satya Nitta (IBM Watson) and Andrew Sutherlan (Quizlet), a Learning Expo with 35 exhibitors, and a student hackathon. Complete program.
- Keynote address by Satya Nitta of IBM Watson Education: "Watson and the Future of Learning Science and Technology".
- Pursuing the Matrix: Applying IBM's Watson to Education: neurobiology PhD student Sarah Bricault, reflecting on Nitta's talk.
- Teaching @ MIT Lightning Round with MIT faculty videos:
- Keynote address by Andrew Sutherland of Quizlet.com: "Empowering Students and Teachers".
- Student reflection on Sutherland's talk by MIT architecture major Effie Jia MIT '20.