LEAD PRODUCT ENGINEER FOR ONLINE PRACTICE SPACES
The Woodrow Wilson Academy of Teaching and Learning in partnership with The Teaching Systems Lab is creating a new blended teacher training program. The Tech Lead will be a hands-on leader directly collaborating with WWA faculty and students to create new kinds of technology-enhanced learning experiences for the program.
- Collaborating closely with education faculty, researchers and game designers to understand user needs, define products aligned with the program's pedagogical vision, create mockups and ship prototypes
- Leverage frameworks, libraries and existing software services
- Support and maintain software products across the lifecycle, including provisioning, operations, monitoring and maintenance
- Manage budget for infrastructure, service and license costs
- Defining team culture and norms for open-source development
- Recruit, manage and mentor a small team of engineers, possibly including graduate and undergraduate students as well
- Identity and recommend or implement components supporting teachers and teacher educators in communicating, collaborating and working together remotely
- As part of a small team, attending to whatever else is necessary to bring the project to successful fruition
- Able to articulate technical and non-technical issues associated with emerging learning technologies and collaboration tools.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability take projects from start to completion.
The position is 100% time. The position is one-year renewable, and the project is anticipated to last through June of 2021.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.